Jytte Rex’s Planetens Spejle (Mirrors Of The Planet) from 1992 is criminally underrated and unknown, even in Denmark.
"Jytte Rex’s sixth feature explores the here and now, the once and future beyond, Death and Eros, and proof of God’s existence to be found in the Black Holes in a universe of nothingness. Tangible human individuals like Adam, an astronomer, and two small children move through the surreal landscapes of Jytte Rex’s cinematic poetry. If a door opens, it is only to lead you into Eternity’s ultimate maze."
After its release, Jytte Rex was not able to get any funding for a new feature film for another 12 years, until Silkevejen (Silk Road).
- nanaya108 reblogged this from endofalldoubt
- nanaya108 likes this
- littlesweetmonc likes this
- larsvontrierandtherealgirl reblogged this from endofalldoubt
- somearebornto-endlessnight likes this
- room42 likes this
- in-a-world-of-my-ownnnn reblogged this from endofalldoubt
- endofalldoubt reblogged this from endofalldoubt
- lindarinda2012 likes this
- iyeti likes this
- laplaisanterie reblogged this from endofalldoubt
- laplaisanterie likes this
- alexeysmolin likes this
- shuffling-along likes this
- zqxx likes this
- at-the-mercy-of-it-all likes this
- portraitofacourtesan likes this
- thatgirlwhoknows likes this
- seerdahn likes this
- marianventoza likes this